The Best Spring Pasta Ever! This recipe is so easy to make, and taste like Spring time on a plate. Start to finish, you can whip this delicious dish up for your family in under 30 minutes. Ready, set, go:
The Best Spring Pasta EVER!
Simple, delicious, and FULL of Spring flavors.
Write a review
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 lb thin asparagus (discard the woody ends), cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup peas (fresh is best, but frozen will work just fine)
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but al dente (8 to 10 minutes). Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus, season with the salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes until slightly soft. Add the cherry tomatoes and peas. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour the chicken stock and lemon juice into the pan and simmer tomatoes start to burst and the stock is reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus mixture to a large serving bowl. Add the cooked pasta and 1/2 of the Parmesan. Toss well, adding reserved pasta water. Continue to toss until water is absorbed. Garnish with the remaining Parmesan and chopped basil.
Polkadot Dinners - Catering and Personal Chef Services http://www.polkadotdinners.com/